ENROLL IN MIAMI'S BEST
MASTER BARBER PROGRAM
Discover Why Miami Barber Institute's Master Barber Program Is So Different From Cosmetology Schools?
Today’s barber shop is not your father’s barber shop. Professional Barbers are a hot modern-day career trend that is exploding without any signs of stopping. Men’s barber shops do for men what beauty spas do for ladies. More men are seeking hip new men’s hair and beard styles performed by trained, licensed professional barbers. They expect to get a comfortable and relaxing experience that boosts their confidence and makes them feel great!
Our Master Barber program teaches theory with a large concentration of hands-on training. The program teaches precision haircutting, color and texture, shaving and grooming and how to operate a barber shop. Students are also taught how to succeed in the job market and develop the business skills to build a long career and even start their own business. Read about the potential career paths.
MASTER BARBER PROGRAM DETAILS
You Will Learn:
- How to cut and style hair with classic and modern styles for short, long, and extra long hair
- Techniques using shears, scissors, thinning shears, clippers, trimmers, and straight razors
- Different styles fades (low fade, high fade, taper fade, bald fade, comb over fade)
- Tapered cuts like the Crew cut, Ivy League cut, Caesar cut
- Undercuts and it’s variations like Quiff cut, Mohawk, Faux hawk, comb-over and Pompadour
- Cut and style long hair using scissors and shears
- Master the different technique for trimming the neckline
- Freestyle Designs – we’ll give you some techniques and tricks of the trade so you perfect those lines, angles and intricate patterns
- Straight razor shaves – using hot towels or vaporizer, you will have customers coming back for this vintage service
- Beard styles – full beard, partial beard, mustache, goatee, your clients will rock them with pride
- Tools and implements: straight razor, clippers, trimmers, scissors, thinning shears, hair dryer
- Hair shampooing and conditioning, hair color, hair and scalp treatments because we train you to be a master barber
- Resume development, job interview skills and professional ethics
- Barbershop business management
Our curriculum balances demonstrations and lectures with practical experience so you can exercise your mind and your hands! Once you’ve finished our program, you’ll be ready to take the Florida Barber licensure exam.
Our Barber program is 1200 clock hours and can take 10 to 12 months to complete. The actual completion time depends on you, your schedule, and how often you attend. Get started now!
This program is designed to provide students with theory and practical skills necessary to become a licensed Barber and practice in the field.
This program is a comprehensive study through lecture and practical experience, which provides the basic training in Florida laws and rules; sanitation and sterilization; hair structure and chemistry; principles and techniques of hair cutting, shampooing, chemical services (i.e. permanent waving, coloring, and bleaching etc.) along with shaving and trimming of beard and mustache. Upon satisfactory completion of this course, the student will be eligible to take the Florida Barber Licensure exam.
After completion of the program, the student receives a diploma providing that the final examination is approved and all requirements and financial obligations with the institution have been met.
We offer students Bilingual (English and Spanish) technical education. This Bilingual method of instruction may improve the student’s English “career” language skills and/or overall English proficiency. Books, exams, quizzes and other curriculum materials are offered primarily in English. Our education is “Student-Centered” and Spanish instruction is provided to assure each student is comfortable in the learning environment and understanding the skills being taught.
It i It is important to note that COMPLETING A COURSE OR PROGRAM IN A LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH MAY REDUCE EMPLOYABILITY WHERE ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
Barber owner or manager of a barbershop, platform artist, product representative, educator, etc. Read more.
This program will be a combination of lecture, demonstration, and student participation. Instructions will be supplemented with guests, visual aids, seminars and other instructional techniques.
Morning Class Schedule:
Monday – Fridays
9:00am to 2:00pm
Length: 48 weeks
Evening Class Schedule:
Monday – Thursdays
5:00pm to 10:00pm
Length: 60 weeks
Schedule A Campus Tour
Master Barber Program Course Outline
Florida Laws and Rules /The Business of Barbering
Safety, Sanitation and Sterilization
Hair Structure and Chemistry
Shaving, Beard and Mustache Trimming
POTENTIAL CAREER PATHS
Once you've gained some experience, you can pass along your skills to the next wave of talented barbers.
Many owners are very involved in their businesses, spending most of the day working alongside employees, while others choose to…
Product Representatives connect with other barbers to provide industry products and services and in some cases even training.
The de facto standard in finding career opportunities. Get the industry experts to provide you with hands-on experience so you…
Platform Artists enjoy being in the spotlight. They can demonstrate the latest industry styles and techniques and can amass a…
We are a REAL barber school for REAL barbers. Barbering is our specialty. We teach the latest industry standards and cutting edge techniques needed to pass the Florida Barber Licensure Exam and have a successful career in barbering. Students learn cutting, trimming, shampooing and styling hair, trimming beards, giving hot towel shaves, and more. We also prepare students with the knowledge and tools needed to eventually start their own business.
Starting Your New Career Is Easy
You Can Be Ready To Start Working As A Barber In As Little As A Year!