BARBER PROGRAM DETAILS
(36 Weeks / 9 Months)
This program is designed to provide students with theory and practical skills necessary to become a licensed Barber and practice in the field.
This program is a comprehensive study through lecture and practical experience, which provides the basic training in Florida laws and rules; sanitation and sterilization; hair structure and chemistry; principles and techniques of hair cutting, shampooing, chemical services (i.e. permanent waving, coloring, and bleaching etc.) along with shaving and trimming of beard and mustache. Upon satisfactory completion of this course, the student will be eligible to take the Florida Barber Licensure exam.
Barber owner or manager of a barbershop, platform artist, product representative, educator, etc.
This program will be a combination of lecture, demonstration, and student participation. Instructions will be supplemented with guests, visual aids, seminars and other instructional techniques.
After completion of the program, the student receives a diploma providing that the final examination is approved and all requirements and financial obligations with the institution have been met.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to cut and style hair with classic and modern styles for short, long, and extra long hair
- Techniques using shears, scissors, thinning shears, clippers, trimmers, and straight razors
- Different styles fades (low fade, high fade, taper fade, bald fade, comb over fade)
- Tapered cuts like the Crew cut, Ivy League cut, Caesar cut
- Undercuts and it’s variations like Quiff cut, Mohawk, Faux hawk, comb-over and Pompadour
- Cut and style long hair using scissors and shears
- Master the different technique for trimming the neckline
- Freestyle Designs – we’ll give you some techniques and tricks of the trade so you perfect those lines, angles and intricate patterns
- Straight razor shaves – using hot towels or vaporizer, you will have customers coming back for this vintage service
- Beard styles – full beard, partial beard, mustache, goatee, your clients will rock them with pride
- Tools and implements: straight razor, clippers, trimmers, scissors, thinning shears, hair dryer
- Hair shampooing and conditioning, hair color, hair and scalp treatments because we train you to be a master barber
- Resume development, job interview skills and professional ethics
- Barbershop business management